SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL
CHIEF CLINICAL OFFICER
Reports To: CEO
The Chief Clinical Officer will oversee all Operations functions of SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL. The CCO is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company. This role collaborates with the CEO to develop corporate and operational strategies and is charged with facilitating these efforts across operations. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL, the CCO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The CCO oversees all customer service positions (customer care, and professional services) as well as quality assurance, software development activities, and product management at SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL. Central to this role is building positive and lasting relationships between SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL and its customers.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for all activities when the CEO is absent.
• Work closely with the CEO to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by board members and executives of the Company.
• Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external; Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department in the operations groups.
• Provide direction to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the Company.
• Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and all aspects of SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL’s market.
• Establish key performance indicators for the management of the operations group.
• Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
• Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals for the operations groups.
• Gather and analyze customer tends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
• Represent the Company at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community.
• Other duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly manages 5-10 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 60-100 employees in all offices and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or equivalent experience is required.
• Additional education is preferred.
• 5+ years of Nursing experience in a leadership role within a health care organization.
• Management experience is required.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary in running the Operations area of SOUTH SUNFLOWER COUNTY HOSPITAL, such as Excel, Word, Office, and electronic health record software.